Wednesday, September 24, 2008

McCain wants to delay debate to focus on economy

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Republican John McCain says he's directing his staff to work with Barack Obama's campaign and the debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

In a statement, McCain says he will stop campaigning after addressing former President Bill Clinton's Global Initiative session on Thursday and return to Washington to focus on the nation's financial problems.

McCain also said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington. Both he and Obama would attend the session.

3 comments:

RiPPa said...

I think this move by him was done for politcal posturing. What happened to the fire and brimstone rhetoric of last week? Oh I forgot, it cost him a few points in the polls.

I really hope they do get to debate on Friday. I don;t think I could wait any longer. I know down here around Memphis (not too far from Oxford Mississippi)there are alot of people who would be disappointed if this happens. Its predicted to be a boost to the local economy.

Smoke & Passion said...

I planned to hold off until after the debates to early vote. If McCain doesn't do this debate on Friday, I'll make it my business to vote first thing Monday morning before I do anything else.

Obama supporters who live in states that have early voting should do the very same thing. They, and Americans in general, need to flex their muscle and show their anger more.

Smoke & Passion said...

Oh yeah, it will be a boost to Oxford... I think something like $5 to $10 million worth of boost.