Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Why I Am A Conservative Republican"


Don't look at me, I didn't say Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican, that dude in the video below did.

While watching some of the Republican Convention tonight, I happened upon a video on hiphoprepublican.com, where I found the video. Funny, the views this guy tosses about are the same impressions Republicans put on display on their first "real" convention night: that somehow they have a lock on loving God and country.

The guy in the video says he's a Conservative Republican because he believes that war, genocide and slavery all suck. He says he's a Conservative Republican because he is proud of his country, believes in God and believes that marriage is between a man and a woman.

Excuse me, but even after watching the video four or five times, I still can't figure out why he's a Conservative Republican.

Maybe I can't figure it out because I'm not one to buy into labels. Many people, especially African Americans, feel the same way this guy does, regardless of whether they are Democrat, Republican Liberal, Conservative, Independent or otherwise.

The Republican Party doesn't have exclusive claim to any of the issues raised in this video; yet many Conservative Republicans, including this guy, act as if they do.



Question: Can you tell me what makes this guy a Conservative Republican other than the fact that he says he is. And secondly, why do some Conservative Republicans, including this dude, condescendingly think that they have moral issues and patriotism on lock?

No comments: