Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Gone Too Far?

A conservative friend of mine sent me this video.

In his email, my friend complained, "So what do you think your reaction would be -- or others in today's media -- if this were Obama a the end of the rope?" He demanded to know. "As I said, when it comes to vileness and pure nasty behavior, The Dems (Libs) take the cake."

Check out the video and then read what comes after:

While I don't agree with my friend's assessment (there are vile people on both sides of the aisle, we just seem to be hearing more from the right than the left with assassination plots and women who lie about getting attacked by big, black Obama supporters).

I do have to acknowledge, however, that had this been Sen. Barack Obama instead of Sarah Palin, a lot of people would be mad as hell, and rightly so I would imagine.

Is it any less wrong for this guy to hang Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin from a noose than Barack Obama? What makes one funny, but the other a hate crime?

No comments: