Friday, November 28, 2008

Is Alabama Next?

America surpised many of us, myself included, when it voted a black man into the White House. But now another black man, Artur Davis, has the audacity to think he can be elected governor of Alabama.

Really? Alabama?

I like Davis, and he is one of the few members of Congress that I feel truly tries to know the issues. But is he smokin' weed or what?

Seriously, I'm only half joking here. Think about it, does he actually have a chance in Alabama or is it just wishful thinking? Are we asking for too much, too soon?


1 comment:

RiPPa said...

LOL@smoking weed!

I don't know what it is that has made these brothers so brave. Damn is the ObamaAid that strong?

I wish the brother all the best, but I doubt it will go down. I mean hell, its Alabama! Bubba was from Alabama just like Forrest Gump but they killed his ass in Vietnam, and the movie was over for him.

Shoot, Charles Barkley once said he was gonna run for governor of the great state of Alabama, but look at that Negro...he still on TV calling NBA games.

Keep hope alive!