Friday, August 29, 2008

Moonwalking Down Memory Lane


I planned to leave up the 45th Anniversary honor to the March on Washington all weekend. But then Sen. John McCain made his gangsta move Friday morning and changed my entire game plan.

Now I've decided to take a little break from poli-tricks to say Happy 50th Birthday to Michael Jackson, the original King of Pop. Yep, Michael hit the big 5-0.

Let's put aside, for the moment, Michael's penchant for plastic surgery, animals and children. Instead, I would like to remember happier days with Michael (like when he was still black).

My memory begins with the all-time favorite album, Off the Wall.

My lil boyfriend at the time (all we did was talk on the phone cuz my parents wouldn't allow me to do anything else) used to sing She's Out of My Life every time we broke up (which was like every other day).

I love every song on this album - Got Me Working Day and Night, Girlfriend, Get On the Floor, Rock With You, etc. I probably wore that this record out because I played it so much on the record player (again, no jokes please).

Then there was Michael's fashion sense, which set trends world-wide. From the red jacket with chains and crap to wearing one glove, which drove my mother crazy. That, of course, has to be the reason I did it because there was nothing cute about the one-glove craze.

And we simply CAN NOT ignore this man's dancing. Michael had some moves for ya, that everybody tried to copy.

There was Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It.

No question about it, Michael had talent.

Michael, you make 50 look... Well, that's another story. Happy Birthday anyway!

What's your favorite Michael Jackson memory?

No comments: